Introduction to OpenVMS
While this course is not exactly "OpenVMS for Dummies" it
is intended to be taken by a student with no prior experience
with a computer or an operating system. The only requirements
are the ability to follow directions and to be able to use
a web browser.
The student is introduced to:
- Directory syntax and filename
- Navigation of the OpenVMS directory
- Basic file operation commands
- Basic file content operation
- Basic non-file oriented interactive
- OpenVMS HELP facility
- OpenVMS MAIL facility
- Basic terminal operations
- Other sources of information
Develop the basic skills necessary to use the OpenVMS environment
on a day to day basis to perform business functions.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
Anyone who has little or no knowledge of OpenVMS and needs
to develop proficiency quickly.
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETE: 6 to 8 hours